The dwm exe is a Desktop Windows Manager and is a Windows file that should be running on your pc.
(Desktop Windows Manager )DWM exe process manage all the visual effect that include various animations or glass-like appearance , the transparent taskbar, Alt-tab windows switcher, the Flip3D, live taskbar thumbnails and rendering of each of the Windows components being displayed on your computer screen.
Can DWM.exe Process Be a Virus ?
The Desktop Windows Manager (DWN) process itself is an component provided by Windows platform. Sometime it’s possible, some hacker replaced the real process with in virus but don’t worry here i show; how you can check it’s virus or real official window component. Firstly open taskmanager and then click on more details (if its not showing all processes running) and then find Desktop window manager then right click the Desktop Window Manager process after that choose the “Open File Location” option.
If the file locate in folder Windows\System32 , then your pc is safe and it’s a real window component.
What You Need To Do If It’s Using More RAM and CPU Process ?
If you see Desktop Window Manager take more RAM or CPU than you should to check these two things :
- Make sure your computer hardware drivers are updated, especially the drivers for your integrated graphics adapter or video card . DWM.exe File offloads a large amount of work to your GPU to reduce pressure on your CPU.
- Some types of malware or virus cause issues with Desktop Window Manager. So it’s need to use good antivirus and scan your pc.
Those are both good places to start.
Can I Turn (DWM exe File) Desktop Window Manager Off ?
No, you can’t. When there was the Window Vista time, Desktop Window Manager was a option to be controlled through a service that could be turned off. Starting with Windows 7 and newer window version and not have any option to off the dwm exe file because Desktop Window Manager (DWM) became a more important part of Windows, that is helping in creating the graphical user interface.
Also Read : Top & Best Video Players For Window Pc
The good news is now the Desktop Window Manager(dwm) has a lot of better feature than past, about how it manages resources, and you don’t need to turn it off . If this article is helpful for you, Don’t forget to connect us on Facebook For more Latest Tech & Internet Tips .
Latest posts by Vishal (see all)
- Iphone Apps Can Secretly Take Photo or Video Without You Knowing - October 29, 2017
- Whatsapp Allow Users To Delete Sent Message - October 29, 2017
- Access Playstore App Without Download With Try IT Now Button - October 22, 2017