If anytime, you may face an issue with pc of network connectivity when you trying to connect to the network, where the error says Unidentified network.
For Fix the issue of error “Unidentified Network” in Windows 10/8/7. The given steps must follow:
1. Turn off the Airplane mode: If Airplane mode is ON. Change it to OFF and check the internet are connects.
2. Update the Network Card drivers: Click Win + X button or right-click on the start button. ANd then click on Device Manager; See the option “‘Network Adapters’” and click on the arrow to expand the list. Right click on all the drivers and update all of them one by one.
3. Disable and Re-enable the Network: Find and open the Open Network and Sharing Center. Right-click the icon Wireless Network Connection or Ethernet with Unidentified network >Select Disable. After that right click on the icon and enable it.
4. Disable the security software temporarily: Many times, antivirus software interferes with the connectivity of network or causes issue. If you have a problem with Fireball then reset the firewall settings. And If you have a problem with antivirus; disable the antivirus, once your system connects to the network then enable it.
5. Change your DNS servers :
- Press Windows + X
- After that Click on ‘Network Connections’.
- Right-click on the network connection (Ethernet or Wifi) which you have and click on properties.
- Then Double-click on the Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Select the option “‘use the following DNS server addresses’ and set the alternate DNS server address to 184.108.40.206.
6. Use Windows 10 Troubleshoot Problems:
If you use Windows 10; you can also use Troubleshooter to fix the unidentified network issue in window 10. Following these steps are:
- Firstly Right-click the network icon in the notification area at the right side of your pc screen.
- Select the Troubleshoot problems.
- Then the Windows Network Diagnostics detect the problems are open.
- Follow the instruction which show on your pc screen to fix the network issues.
7. Run these commands: Open ‘command prompt’ Click win+r button then type cmd in box and press enter. Try all the below following command one by one and after that restart your pc. These commands reset TCP/ IP, renew the IP-address etc.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
- netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
- netsh int tcp show global
8. Restart your modem and router:
- Switch off both your router and modem and connect them.
- After that Start the modem and wait for 30 to 40 seconds after all lights turn green.
- Then Start the router.
Also Read: What Is DWM.EXE IN Window
I hope this article helps you to solve the issue about unidentified Network. If this article is helpful for you, don’t forget to subscribe our newsletter for more tech & internet stuff.
Latest posts by Vishal (see all)
- Best Freelancer Sites For Beginners To Find Online Jobs - May 9, 2018
- Windows Modules Installer Worker and Why It’s Running ? - April 6, 2018
- How To Take A Screenshot On Windows 7, 8 And 10 - March 27, 2018