Today many of works requires transmission of data or information from one place to another.and it is important to keep that information away from getting into wrong hands.Information in the wrong hands can leads to loss and major destruction in economy of a company .so to secure the transfer from one person to another cryptology can used to cipher information.cryptology involves converting of information into Nonhuman readable format and vice versa
In this post we are going to introduce you the world of cryptography and how you can use this cryptography to secure your information from getting into wrong hands.
What is cryptography?
Cryptography is a technique to store and transmit data in a format so that it can only be read by those from whom it is intended can read and process that piece of information.
in other words cryptography is conversion of plain text known as clear text into encrypted text known as cipher text.individuals who practice this field are know cryptographers
Cryptography has the following four objectives:
1) Confidentiality (the information cannot be understood by anyone other than the person whom it was unintended)
2) Integrity (the information cannot be altered in storage or transit between sender and intended receiver without the alteration being detected)
3) Non-repudiation (the creator/sender of the information cannot deny at a later stage his or her intentions in the creation or transmission of the information)
4) Authentication (the sender and receiver can confirm each other’s identity and from where the infromation is sent and recieved)
let us give you an example to help you easily understand the concept of cryptography.suppose you want to send a message like “A GIRL” you can rewrite it in cryptography form by replacing each word of the phrase with the 4th successive or 5th successive or so on it depends on your choice how you want to cipher that information.in this im replace each alphabet with 4th successive letter like now the phrase “A GIRL” can be rewritten as “D JLUO”.so this is now our encrypted data to decrypt it we have to follow the same approach in backward direction.
The process of sharing information in non human readable format is known as encryption.and the process of converting it back to human readable format is known as decryption.usually a key is required to decrypt the hidden message .The key makes the communication even more secure because even if someone got this information it will not mean anything to him.
I hope this basic guide is helpful for you . For more info about ethical hacking visit Hacking Tutorial .
Latest posts by Sahil (see all)
- How to recover gmail account password (Gmail Recovery Guide)? - June 7, 2018
- What is a man in the middle(MITM) attack and how to prevent it? - August 4, 2017
- What is cryptanalysis,cryptology and encryption algorithms? - July 10, 2017